Demand Response: Meeting Europe's Decarbonization Objectives for 2030
Demand Response: Meeting Europe’s Decarbonization Objectives for 2030, a symposium co-organized by the Smart Energy Demand Coalition (SEDC) and RAP, was a resounding success! More than 100 participants from the European Commission, ENTSO-E, Member State representations, and industry stakeholders gained new insights into the role of demand response in meeting the Energy Efficiency Directive (EED) and the EU’s goals for decarbonization.
- Mark Van Stiphout, Cabinet for Commissioner Oettinger, discussed the Commission’s objectives for demand response in 2020 and 2030.
- Alberto Pototschnig, Director of ACER, discussed the potential for demand response to address the challenges posed by high levels of renewable energy resources.
- Konstantin Staschus, Secretary-General of ENTSO-E, shared his perspectives on the market for demand response in the European electricity system.
- Richard Cowart, Director of European Programmes at RAP, highlighted the importance of energy efficiency and demand response in a decarbonized energy industry.
- Paul Hodson, Head of Unit, DG Energy for the European Commission, focused on the implementation of the EED.
- Doug Hurley, Synapse Energy Economics, drew on experience in the United States to discuss the role of demand response as a power system resource.
Visit the SEDC website to download the presentations.