Harness the Momentum of Power Sector Transformation: Opportunities for 2017 (Webinar)
As we head into 2017, the U.S. power sector continues its steady, technology-driven transformation. There is intense action in the states. Utility commissions, policymakers, and the private sector have unprecedented opportunities to add value while resetting the balance between regulation and markets to reflect the increasing role of customers. How should the many decision-makers respond?
On January 17, 2017, RAP’s Ken Colburn, Dr. Carl Linvill, David Littell, and Richard Sedano conducted a panel discussion of the trends characterizing the power sector in 2016 and what’s in store for 2017 and beyond. Our experts discuss:
- Ways states and others can take an active role in shaping the power sector transformation;
- How the transformation of the sector can help avoid unnecessary infrastructure investments, lower costs, and reduce air emissions;
- Strategies for capturing the myriad benefits of energy efficiency as an effective, low-cost resource;
- Leveraging the changing role of consumers in energy efficiency, on-site production, storage, and automated and controllable uses;
- The outlook for renewable energy resources.