In this RAP webinar, Michael Hogan describes the role of power markets in supporting a least-cost transition to a reliable, low-carbon power system. He addresses:
- The changing nature of the investment challenge in a low-carbon power system;
- How markets can be adapted to better reflect and respond to the needs of the power system;
- Why the emerging empowerment of consumers is essential both to markets and to the low-carbon transition;
- The essential role energy market prices can play in driving the most innovative solutions; and
- How the intersection between new low-carbon investment and competitive markets may evolve.