As we head into 2017, the U.S. power sector is still in the midst of a steady, technology-driven transformation. In a RAP webinar held on January 17, 2017, RAP’s Ken Colburn, Dr. Carl Linvill, David Littell, and Richard Sedano held a panel discussion of the trends characterizing the power sector in 2016 and what’s in store for 2017 and beyond. Our experts discussed:
- Ways states and others can take an active role in shaping the power sector transformation;
- How the transformation of the sector can help avoid unnecessary infrastructure investments, lower costs, and reduce air emissions;
- Strategies for capturing the myriad benefits of energy efficiency as an effective, low-cost resource;
- Leveraging the changing role of consumers in energy efficiency, on-site production, storage, and automated and controllable uses; and
- The outlook for renewable energy resources.